The Class of 2024 Shares about their PEG Experiences

In each newsletter, we are spotlighting one of the Park Scholarship cohorts. This month, a few members of the Class of 2024 talked to us about their PEG experiences.

Anagha Jandhyala, Durham NC, Computer Science Major: This year has been very busy, but very fun as well. I recently was able to see all my friends after winter break, and it’s been a very nice transition back to being on campus. Just the atmosphere of being back at State, especially with all of the student life and athletics has already made the start of this year great!

Robert Kobrin, Greensboro, NC, Biomedical Engineering Major/Spanish and History Minor: Junior year has been incredible. Coming into college with COVID was difficult, but I really feel that I hit the ground running this year in terms of both academics and college life in general. I’ve managed to pull off a pretty nice work-life balance, which I’m really proud of.

Marina Kapitanov, Midlothian, VA, Biomedical and Health Science Engineering: After returning from studying abroad in Germany for my second semester of sophomore year, I definitely had to get back into the groove of my engineering classes, but I’m happy to say that I have had a couple chances this year to keep taking classes I’m interested in like, Spanish and Japanese.

Kennedy Fipps, Greenville, NC, Social Work Major/Nonprofit Studies Minor: Although I am in my second semester of junior year, this will be my last semester as an undergraduate! I am graduating early and hope to attend the one-year accelerated Master’s in Social Work graduate program at NC State beginning in May for my fourth year. This year has treated me well and has been full of preparation for my BSW Field Placement, which I am currently in at Healing Transitions here in Raleigh.

Emma Grace Barnes, Charlotte, NC, Biological Sciences- Integrative Physiology and Neurobiology Major/Social Work Minor: It is so crazy to think I have been part of the Wolfpack for so long! This year has been great for me. I am finally taking my elective courses so I am enthralled by all my classes and content, and I have been able to create a great work-life balance which has been serving me well!

Meredith Gaskill, Salisbury, NC, Fashion and Textile Management Major/Business Administration Minor: Being a second semester junior feels crazy! My time at NC State has been so fulfilling so far, and I can’t wait to see what the rest of my time here holds. I studied abroad in Florence last spring, so it is good to be back in Raleigh for a spring semester!