If you believe you’re qualified for the Park Scholarships based on our selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character, we welcome you to apply! The application processes for Park Scholarships and NC State undergraduate admissions are separate, so be sure to follow the instructions below.
By November 1:
- Apply for undergraduate admission to NC State.
- Complete the Park Scholarships application, which is housed in a Park Scholarships portal. To access this, you must either be endorsed by your high school (by October 15) or you must self-endorse. Explanations of each endorsement method appear near the bottom of this page.
The Park Scholarships application asks that you provide:
- Names and email addresses of two recommenders
- Information about advanced coursework completed
- Two essays (for this year’s essay prompts, refer to the Application Process FAQ)
From the NC State admission application, we will also review your:
- High school transcript, submitted by a counselor/advisor
- Honors and activities
- Personal essay
- Short-answer essays
- Additional information section (optional)
We must receive all materials by 11:59 p.m. EST on November 1.
- Review the Endorsing Schools List, updated annually in August. If your school is not listed, skip to the Self-Endorsement section below.
- If yours is an endorsing school, speak with your high school’s scholarships coordinator (typically, this is a guidance counselor or college advisor) and let them know of your interest in receiving your school’s endorsement for the Park Scholarships. Each school on the Endorsing Schools List is permitted to endorse two students and must make these endorsements by October 15. Endorsees should be the high school’s two most qualified candidates according to the Park Scholarships selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. If you do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates, you may self-endorse.
- If you are endorsed by your high school, check your email no later than October 16 for application instructions. If you have not received an email from email@example.com, verify with your counselor that they provided the correct email address when endorsing you. If it is correct, check your spam folder and verify your email security settings. If it was sent to an incorrect email address, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know that you have been endorsed but there is a problem with the email address on your account.
We encourage you to complete a Park Scholarships Self-Endorsement Form if you will apply for admission to NC State by the November 1 deadline and fall into one of the following two scenarios:
- You do not attend an endorsing school, but believe you are highly qualified for the Park Scholarships on the basis of scholarship, leadership, service, and character -OR-
- You do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates
Park Scholarships Application
After submission of the endorsement, you will receive an email with access to the Park Scholarships portal. Through the portal dashboards, you will be able to:
- Provide the names and email addresses for two (but no more than four) recommenders
- Track the status of your recommendations
- Submit your Park Scholarships application