If you believe you’re qualified for the Park Scholarships based on our selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character, we welcome you to apply! The application processes for Park Scholarships and NC State undergraduate admissions are separate, so be sure to follow the instructions below.
By November 1:
- Apply for undergraduate admission to NC State.
- Complete the Park Scholarships application, which is housed in NC State’s wolfPAW system. To access this, you must either be endorsed by your high school (by October 15) or you must self-endorse (by November 1). Explanations of each endorsement method appear near the bottom of this page.
The Park Scholarships application asks that you provide:
- Names and email addresses of two recommenders
- Information about advanced coursework completed
- Two essays (for this year’s essay prompts, refer to the Application Process FAQ)
The Park Scholarships Selection Committee will also review your:
- High school transcript, submitted by your counselor through the application for admission
- Official or self-reported SAT and/or ACT scores, submitted to NC State or from your application for admission
- Honors and Activities information from your application for admission
- Personal essay from the application for admission
We must receive all materials by 11:59 p.m. EDT on November 1.
- Review the Endorsing Schools List, updated annually in mid-summer. If your school is not listed, skip to the Self-Endorsement section below.
- If yours is an endorsing school, speak with your high school’s scholarships coordinator (typically, this is a guidance counselor or college counselor) and let him or her know of your interest in receiving your school’s endorsement for the Park Scholarships. Each school on the Endorsing Schools List is permitted to endorse two students and must make these endorsements by October 15. Endorsees should be the high school’s two most qualified candidates according to the Park Scholarships selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. If you do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates, you may self-endorse.
We encourage you to complete a Park Scholarships Self-Endorsement Form if you will apply for admission to NC State by the November 1 deadline and fall into one of the following two scenarios:
- You do not attend an endorsing school, but believe you are highly qualified for the Park Scholarships on the basis of scholarship, leadership, service, and character -OR-
- You do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates