Writing a great recommendation letter takes time, and our selection committee is grateful for these letters.
Please submit your reference online by October 15, as each candidate must have two letters of reference on file by this date. Your recommendation will be matched to the candidate file immediately, and the candidate can see the date and time you submitted the recommendation.
Nuts and Bolts
- As soon as the candidate submits your name and email address as a recommender, you will receive an email with a link to an online recommendation form. If you do not receive this email, check your spam filter for an email from email@example.com or ask the candidate to resend it.
- If you receive an error message when attempting to access the form, you may have been removed as a recommender and should check with the applicant.
- The online form asks recommenders to rate a candidate on several criteria and then to upload a letter of support.
- You may save your work and return to the online form as often as you like before you submit the final recommendation.
- Submit your recommendation before October 15, if possible, to avoid last-minute problems.
- In the first paragraph of your letter, indicate how you know the candidate.
- Use 3-5 paragraphs to provide specific examples of how the candidate meets one or more of the Park Scholarships selection criteria.
- Avoid summarizing the candidate’s resume in narrative form. Our Selection Committee Members can read these details in the candidate’s application.
- Please do not hesitate to address the candidate’s limitations as well as strengths. Our Selection Committee Members recognize that no one is perfect, and prefer to have as complete a description of each candidate as possible.