Writing a great recommendation letter takes time, and our Selection Committee is grateful for these letters.
Please submit your reference online by 11:59 p.m. EST on November 1, as each candidate must have two letters of reference on file by this date. Your recommendation will be matched to the candidate file immediately, and the candidate can see the date and time you submitted the recommendation. You will receive an automatic confirmation email after the recommendation is submitted.
Nuts and Bolts
- As soon as the candidate submits your name and email address as a recommender, we will send you an automatic email with a link to an online recommendation form. If you do not receive this email, check your spam filter for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our office.
- If you receive an error message when attempting to access the form, you may have been removed as a recommender and should check with the applicant.
- The online form asks recommenders to rate a candidate on several criteria and then to upload a letter of support.
- You may save your work and return to the online form as often as you like before you submit the final recommendation.
- Submit your recommendation before November 1, if possible, to avoid last-minute problems.
- Do not submit a letter that is generic or a recycled version of letters you’ve written for other students.
- In the first paragraph of your letter, briefly indicate how long and in what capacity you know the candidate.
- Use 3-5 paragraphs to provide specific examples of how the candidate meets one or more of the Park Scholarships selection criteria.
- Avoid summarizing the candidate’s resume in narrative form. Our Selection Committee can read these details in the candidate’s application.
- Do not hesitate to address the candidate’s limitations as well as strengths. Our Selection Committee recognizes that no one is perfect and prefer to have as complete a description of each candidate as possible.