The Park Scholarships program gives exceptional students the opportunity to develop their outstanding potential in scholarship, leadership, service, and character. Your gift to Park Scholarships is more than a gift; it is an investment in remarkable students who will repay that investment many times over in their efforts to solve the grand challenges of society.
Please consider these opportunities to support Park Scholars.
The Park Foundation planted the seed for a secure future for Park Scholarships by making a generous gift to NC State. We need your help to complete funding for the program so Park Scholarships can be sustained in perpetuity. Give to the Park Scholarships Sustaining Endowment »
Your contribution will advance the Park Scholarships mission by fulfilling critical needs such as scholarship funding, developmental programming and recruitment, and selection activities. Give to the Park Scholarships General Fund »
Below are additional opportunities for your support. Give to any of these funds »
- Park Scholarships Enrichment Fund – Gifts fund a variety of enrichment activities for Park Scholars, such as research, study abroad, service and professional development.
- Gerald H. Elkan Distinguished Lectureship Endowment in Park Scholarships – Established by Dr. Gerald H. Elkan’s former students, associates, and friends in honor of his 40-year career as a microbiology faculty member at NC State, this fund supports an annual lecture at NC State by a prominent thought leader focusing on science and society. Park Scholars serve on the selection committee and assist in coordinating the lecture.
- Jenny Chang ’00 Public Policy Endowment – Created to honor the memory of Park Scholar Jenny Chang ’00, this endowment provides funding for Park Scholars pursuing public policy internships or employment in Washington, D.C.
- Vincent Maniscalco ’04 Study Abroad Travel Stipend Fund – Created to honor the memory of Park Scholar Vincent Maniscalco ’04, this fund supports scholars who spend a fall or spring semester abroad in Spain.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2007 Endowment – Established by the Class of 2007 to provide continual and sustainable support for the Park Scholarships program.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2014 Endowment – Established as the Class of 2014’s legacy project, this endowment provides continual and sustainable support for the Park Enrichment Grant (PEG) program.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2016 Endowment – Established as the Class of 2016’s legacy project, this endowment creates a Class of 2016 Award which will provide partial funding annually for a Park Scholar.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2018 Endowment – Established by the Class of 2018 to provide continual and sustainable support for the Park Scholarships program.
There is no better legacy to NC State than a gift of an endowment.
Endowments provide certain, steady support in perpetuity, help offset continued reductions in government support, and enable us to plan for the future with greater predictability than otherwise possible.
Whether you choose to create your own named endowment within the Park Scholarships program or add to one of our existing scholarship endowments, your gift will provide critical, long-term support for generations of young scholars who will make our world a better place.
For more information on how you can create a new named Park Scholarship or other endowment, contact Kyle Kusterer in University Development at 919-515-6697 or email@example.com.