The Park Scholarships program gives exceptional students the opportunity to develop their outstanding potential in scholarship, leadership, service and character. Your gift to the Park Scholarships is more than a gift; it is an investment in remarkable students who repay that investment many times over in their efforts to solve the grand challenges of society.
Please consider these opportunities to support the Park Scholars.
The Park Foundation planted the seed for a secure future for Park Scholarships by making a generous gift to NC State. We need your help to complete funding for the program so Park Scholarships can be sustained in perpetuity. Give to the Park Scholarships Sustaining Endowment »
Your contribution will advance the Park Scholarships mission by fulfilling critical needs such as scholarship funding, developmental programming and recruitment and selection activities. Give to the Park Scholarships General Fund »
Below are additional opportunities for your support.
Give to any of these funds »
- Park Scholarships Enrichment Fund – Gifts fund a variety of enrichment activities for Park Scholars, such as research, study abroad, service and professional development.
- Park Alumni Society Study Abroad Fund – Established by the Park Alumni Society, this fund supports Park Scholars who participate in a study-abroad program in the fall or spring semester by providing travel stipends for international airfare.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2016 Endowment – Established as the Class of 2016’s legacy project, this endowment creates a Class of 2016 Award which will provide partial funding annually for a Park Scholar.
- Gerald H. Elkan Distinguished Lectureship Endowment in Park Scholarships – Established by Dr. Gerald H. Elkan’s former students, associates, and friends in honor of his 40-year career as a microbiology faculty member at NC State, this fund supports an annual lecture at NC State by a prominent thought leader focusing on science and society. Park Scholars serve on the selection committee and assist in coordinating the lecture.
- Jenny Chang ’00 Public Policy Endowment – Created to honor the memory of Park Scholar Jenny Chang ’00, this endowment provides funding for Park Scholars pursuing public policy internships or employment in Washington, D.C.
- Vincent Maniscalco ’04 Study Abroad Travel Stipend Fund – Created to honor the memory of Park Scholar Vincent Maniscalco ’04, this fund supports scholars who spend a fall or spring semester abroad in Spain.
- Park Scholarships Class of 2014 Endowment – Established as the Class of 2014’s legacy project, this endowment provides continual and sustainable support for the Park Enrichment Grant (PEG) program.
There is no better legacy to NC State than a gift of endowment.
Endowments provide certain, steady support in perpetuity, help offset continued reductions in government support, and enable us to plan for the future with greater predictability than otherwise possible.
Whether you choose to create your own named endowment within the Park Scholarships program or add to one of our existing scholarship endowments, your gift will provide critical, long-term support for generations of young women and men who will make our world a better place.
- For $1 million or more, you can create a named, full scholarship to help recruit top talent to NC State.
- For $250,000 or more, you can provide a partial scholarship award in your name toward the cost of attending NC State.
- For $250,000 to $25,000, you can underwrite one of the program’s signature enrichment opportunities, such as service projects, professional development, learning laboratories or community-building retreats, or other life-changing experiences.
For more information on how you can support Park Scholarships, contact Kelleigh Smith, Director of Development, at 919-513-3912 or email@example.com.