Class of 2023 Learning Lab II Mission/Focus
During Learning Lab II, the Park Scholarships Class of 2023 will focus on leadership demonstrated in three aspects of reform and advocacy in relation to education. They will analyze the current state of the U.S. education system and explore how leaders are making changes related to equity and access to education at all levels; the impact of school choice in terms of funding, curriculum, and school initiatives; and barriers to accessing and succeeding in higher education. They intend to learn how national leaders are addressing the disparities and issues in the education system and how to improve access to high-quality education for all people in the U.S.
- Ensuring Educational Equity for All Students
- What Equity Really Means in Schools
- The “Opportunity Gap” in US Public Education
- What is ‘Equity’ in Education
- Our Failing Schools. Enough is Enough.
- Public, Private, and Charter Schools: How They Compare
- Are Schools Ready to Tackle the Mental Health Crisis?
- Education levels of US immigrants
- How America’s public schools keep kids in poverty
- Help for kids the education system ignores
- The Common Core: The Good, the Bad, the Possible
- What Free College Could Mean for You
- Affirmative Action: What It Is and How it Works
- Ten Myths About Affirmative Action