Classes of 2023 and 2024 Learning Lab II Mission/Focus
During Learning Lab II, the Park Scholarships Classes of 2023 and 2024 will focus on leadership demonstrated in three aspects of reform and advocacy in relation to education. They will analyze the current state of the U.S. education system and explore how leaders are making changes related to equity and access to education at all levels; the impact of school choice in terms of funding, curriculum, and school initiatives; and barriers to education access as well as challenges facing educators. They intend to learn how national leaders are addressing the disparities and issues in the education system and how to improve access to high-quality education for all people in the U.S.
- Ensuring Educational Equity for All Students
- What Equity Really Means in Schools
- The “Opportunity Gap” in US Public Education
- What is ‘Equity’ in Education
- Our Failing Schools. Enough is Enough.
- Public, Private, and Charter Schools: How They Compare
- What Free College Could Mean for You
- Are Schools Ready to Tackle the Mental Health Crisis?
- Education levels of US immigrants
- How America’s public schools keep kids in poverty
- Help for kids the education system ignores
- The Common Core: The Good, the Bad, the Possible
- Affirmative Action: What It Is and How it Works
- Ten Myths About Affirmative Action
- Why Addressing Teacher Turnover Matters
- Teachers of Color: In High Demand and Short Supply
- Nice White Parents (first episode)