Danielle Romanello joins the Park Staff as the Assistant Director for Engagement

Park Scholarships is pleased to announce Danielle Romanello as the program’s assistant director of engagement.

Danielle Romanello recently moved to Raleigh from Denver, Colorado, where she was working with the University of Colorado’s Medical School. In her role, she was in charge of various aspects of the students academic journey.

“I really developed a strong passion for event planning and engagement, which is what I am most excited about in this position,” says Danielle. “I am highly organized and bring experience in coordinating various events to bring students, alumni, and others together. I also have been able to develop strong relationships with a diverse group of individuals and am excited to continue to develop my relationships with all the amazing people I will meet and work with in this new role.”

Danielle most recently traveled to Washington, DC, with the Class of 2026 on their Learning Lab II.

“In my short time here I have been able to learn so much from the students, staff, and faculty, and am excited for that to continue with my work in the Park Scholarships office.”

In 2020, Danielle graduated from the University of Florida with a major in Education and a minor in event planning. While there, she was a student athlete on the softball team. She then attended San Diego State University and received her Master’s degree in Educational Leadership. She was a member of the student-athlete advisory committee, where she worked with administration, coaches and the NCAA to create a positive student-athlete experience, particularly with mental health efforts. 

Outside of work, Danielle is a coach and mentor with the Riptide Baseball and Softball Academy in Durham, NC. In this role, she helps instruct and mentor young girls at the rec and club level with their softball skills both in a team and individual setting. She also assists in coaching a 14u travel team, where she helps develop various skill sets as the team transitions from recreation level to club.

“I really enjoy working with a diverse group of girls who have a passion for the game at all ages. It not only allows me to give back to a sport that was a big part of my life, but also helps me guide the next generation of athletes,” says Danielle.

In her free time, Danielle enjoys watching sports (especially football), walking and hiking at all the great spots in NC, and trying any new food/coffee/local spot (she’s always open to suggestions!). She really enjoys traveling and is on her way to checking off all 50 US states. Her newest hobby is golf!

Welcome to Park, Danielle!