The Park Scholarships application is online and is part of the NC State Undergraduate Admissions application. Park Scholarships candidates can access this special section of the application by either being endorsed by your high schools or by self-endorsing. Each candidate must provide:
- Names of two recommenders,
- One official or unofficial high school transcript,
- Information about advanced coursework completed, and
- Two essays.
We must receive all materials by November 1.
How To Apply
Step 1: Apply for undergraduate admission to NC State using the wolfPAW system.
Step 2: Complete the “Park Scholarships Information” section in wolfPAW. To access this, you must either be endorsed by your high school or you must self-endorse. See below for explanations of each option.
- Review the Endorsing Schools List, updated annually in late August. If your school is not listed, skip to the Self-Endorsement section below.
- If yours is an endorsing school, speak with your high school’s scholarships coordinator (typically, this is a guidance counselor or college counselor) and let him or her know of your interest in receiving your school’s endorsement for the Park. Each school on the Endorsing Schools List is permitted to endorse two students, and must make these endorsements by October 1. Endorsees should be the high school’s two most qualified candidates according to the Park Scholarships selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. If you do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates, you may self-endorse.
- If you do not attend an endorsing school, but believe you are highly qualified for the Park Scholarships on the basis of scholarship, leadership, service, and character, we encourage you to complete a Self-Endorsement Form. This form is available through October 25.
- If you do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates, you are welcome to complete a Self-Endorsement Form. This form is available through October 25.