If you believe you’re qualified for the Park Scholarships based on our selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character, we welcome you to apply! The application processes for Park Scholarships and NC State undergraduate admissions are separate, so be sure to follow the steps below. We also invite you to view a brief video of Park Scholarships Director Eva Feucht explaining the application process:
Step 1: Apply for undergraduate admission to NC State by the October 15 deadline using the Common Application. NOTE: You need NOT wait to submit your Common App before beginning Step 2.
Step 2: Complete the Park Scholarships application, which is housed in NC State’s wolfPAW system, by November 1. To access this, you must either be endorsed by your high school (by October 1) or you must self-endorse (by October 25). Explanations of each endorsement method appear near the bottom of this page.
The Park Scholarships application asks that you provide:
- Names and email addresses of two recommenders
- Information about advanced coursework completed
- Two essays (for this year’s essay prompts, refer to the Application Process FAQ)
Additionally, the Park Scholarships application will import Honors and Activities information from your Common Application. You will have the option to edit these details if you’d like.
The Park Scholarships Selection Committee will also review your:
- High school transcript, submitted by your counselor through the Common Application
- SAT and/or ACT scores, submitted to NC State directly from the testing agency
- Personal essay from the Common Application (you will not have the option to edit this after submission)
We must receive all materials by November 1.
- Review the Endorsing Schools List, updated annually in early August. If your school is not listed, skip to the Self-Endorsement section below.
- If yours is an endorsing school, speak with your high school’s scholarships coordinator (typically, this is a guidance counselor or college counselor) and let him or her know of your interest in receiving your school’s endorsement for the Park Scholarships. Each school on the Endorsing Schools List is permitted to endorse two students, and must make these endorsements by October 1. Endorsees should be the high school’s two most qualified candidates according to the Park Scholarships selection criteria of scholarship, leadership, service, and character. If you do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates, you may self-endorse.
Remember, to be considered for the Park Scholarships, you must apply for admission to NC State via the Common Application by October 15.
We encourage you to complete a Park Scholarships Self-Endorsement Form by October 25 if you applied for admission to NC State via the Common Application by October 15 and fall into one of the following two scenarios:
- You do not attend an endorsing school, but believe you are highly qualified for the Park Scholarships on the basis of scholarship, leadership, service, and character -OR-
- You do not receive your school’s endorsement, but believe you are at least as competitive as your school’s endorsed candidates