Prior to the start of junior year, the Class of 2023 took part in Leadership Academy: Concepts and Models, an opportunity for Park Scholars to examine their leadership styles and those of their peers.
As part of the four-year Leadership Academy curriculum, the Concepts and Models session provides a framework for reflection on leadership styles and ways to work effectively in diverse environments. Prior to the session, participants solicited anonymous feedback from their peers, supervisors, and mentors about their leadership strengths and weaknesses, assessed their tolerance for ambiguity, completed a written assignment, and reviewed the leadership section of their plans for professional development.
The day included a panel and reception with Park alumni, a leadership coaches panel, a series of small group meetings with the seven leadership coaches, and a segment on assessments and assignments to reflect on key takeaways from the day.
The Park Scholarships program is grateful to the Park alumni and volunteers who supported this event.
Park Alumni Panelists
- Josh Christie ’02, Vice President of Engineering, ChannelAdvisor
- Chasta Hamilton ’07, Owner and Artistic Director, Stage Door Dance Productions
- Jasmine Flood Hill ’12, Owner and Creative Director, Riada Adair
- Theresa Amerson ’01, Chief Medical Officer, Population Health, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Mr. Corey Branch, District C Councilor and immediate past Mayor Pro Tem, Raleigh City Council; Associate Director of Technology, AT&T
- Representative Rosa Gill, District 33 Representative, North Carolina General Assembly
- Ravila Gupta, CEO, Bagchi Group
- Brian Harry, Corporate Vice President, Microsoft; Farmer, Minka Farm
- Oliver Schabenberger, Chief Innovation Officer, SingleStore
- Tom Yarboro, Chairman of the Board, Ag ProVision, LLC